Alexander M. Iksanov - PhD, Doctor in Physics and Mathematics, Professor
Born 17th March, 1972 in Kiev (Ukraine).
Education and scientific career:
1995 - Faculty of Cybernetics, National Taras Shevchenko University of Kyiv
2000 - PhD.
2008 - Habilitation in Physics and Mathematics (doctor phisyko-matematychnyh nauk).
2002-2008 - associate professor
2004-2006 - deputy dean of faculty of cybernetics
since 2009 - professor
since 2014 - head of Operations Research Department
Scientific interests in 2019:
1. Random discrete structures (random compositions, coalescents, branching random walk with complex parameter etc.).
2. Functional limit theorems.
3. Random processes with immigration (these are renewal shot noise processes with random response functions).
4. Random walk in a sparse random environment.
5. Applications of the renewal theory (in particular, to perturbed random walks and perpetuities).
Travel schedule for the near future:
Workshop on Branching-Type Structures, September 03-05, 2018, Zurich, Switzerland.
One month of teaching and one month of research in School of Mathematics and Statistics, Xidian university, December, 2018-January 2019, Xi'an, China.
Conference "Probability and Analysis 2019", May 20-24, 2019, Bedlewo, Poland.
Conference "Branching in Innsbruck", September 23-26, 2019, Innsbruck, Austria.
married, two children (daughter and son).
Prof. Dr. A.M. Iksanov,
Operations Research Department,
Faculty of Computer Science and Cybernetics,
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Tel./Fax +38044 521-32-02
E-mails: email@example.com (main) and firstname.lastname@example.org (spare)
||Alexander M. Iksanov